100 point program
1 year full-time / part-time unavailable
2019 Start year (February) Intake applications open: NOW
2019 Start year (February) Intake applications close: 31 October 2018
Listed below are the specific entry requirements.
- an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline (such as the performing arts, music, visual arts, film, dance and digital arts, community arts) and two years of documented relevant practice in the field; or
- an Honours degree in a relevant discipline (such as the performing arts, music, visual arts, film, dance and digital arts, community arts); or
- an undergraduate degree in a cognate area (such as social sciences, architecture, landscape, computer science, cultural studies, applied sciences or international development) and 2 years documented relevant practice in the field; or
- an Honours degree in a cognate area (such as social sciences, architecture, landscape, computer science, cultural studies, applied sciences or international development); or
- at least eight years of documented relevant practice in the creative arts industry (for example, performance, theatre, film, dance, digital arts, fine arts, music, live arts, music theatre and community arts). This will be assessed and verified by documentation of public works/performances, published critical reviews, professional work references and proof of successful funding of projects through Arts agencies.
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
English Language Requirements
All applicants to the University of Melbourne must meet the outlined English language requirements for admission into their chosen course.
How do I apply?
There are three components to each application. Applicants must complete components 1-2 by the application closing date:
A direct application via the University's application portal
Upload a CV, artistic statement and provide 3 referees via SlideRoom. For more information please see below.
Upload an artistic statement (up to 1,000 words) with the supplementary form that articulates the following:
- What you wish to gain from your training period and your artistic and career aspirations;
- Your major points of interest in dramaturgy;
- What sort of questions you wish to explore about your own practice during this course.
After application closing date:
Short-listed applicants will be invited to attend an interview as the final component of their application. For more information, please see Interviews page.
In addition to your University application fee, international applicants will be charged a processing fee of:
- $5USD payable via SlideRoom
If you have completed studies outside of the University of Melbourne, your application must include an officially certified copy of your academic transcripts.
- If you have successfully finished a course, please provide evidence of completion.
- If you are currently studying outside the University of Melbourne, please provide an official record/transcript of your current results to date. When your final results are available, please upload a certified hardcopy to your application, or send to firstname.lastname@example.org with your University of Melbourne username ID number.