- Develops your skills in acting, singing, dance, spoken voice, movement and body conditioning/technique
- Develops a working understanding of the ethics and principles of collaborative ensemble learning essential to successful further study
- Prepares you for future auditions by building your repertoire
- Develops a greater self-discipline through the consistent implementation of self-directed study and practice
- Greater sense of further learning needs and existing skills attainment
The Foundation Program is a one-year program that offers a course of study for those music theatre students whose performance skills show potential but who have not attained the required standard in practical and/or theoretical studies for admission to the Bachelor of Fine Arts (Music Theatre).
The program develops your skills in acting, singing, dance, spoken voice, movement and body conditioning/technique under the tutelage of professional teaching artists who are experts in their field.
The program is an accredited one year enabling course that has Commonwealth Supported Places (CSPs). However, the program is presently tuition fee exempt and there will be no tuition fees for the duration of study in this course. Unlike other courses, studying this program will not incur HECS and will not use up any of a student’s Student Learning Entitlement.
Completion of this course does not guarantee a place in undergraduate programs offered by the VCA and MCM. The Foundation Program is not an undergraduate degree.
This course is only available to domestic students.