Visual Art Summer School - Painting 2018
Want to know more about our 2018 short courses. Join our mailing list and we will let you know once our courses become available.
Painting Summer School will explore painting techniques and materials and develop your knowledge of colour theory. You will learn to use paint as a means to convey a creative visual idea, painting from life and personal interpretation. This will include:
- Preparing canvas and paper surfaces
- Planning the pictorial organisation of a composition through rough sketches prior to painting
- Mixing colour greys, to use tone to create the illusion of form in space
- Discussing oil and acrylic options. Students will make individual models and consider mood and narrative
- Preparating supports for subtractive painting techniques
- Preparing coloured ground, dry-brush and glazing techniques
- Working from a model, use of a specific light source, working from observation with a loose application of materials
- Glazing techniques
- Colour mixing and preparing a palette to work from soft/blending brush techniques and photographic imagery
- Transferring images/scale using grid and projection
- Working from a photographic source and consider combining resource material (eg, photo and object), altering an existing media/photographic image, incorporating text, using stencil, layering imagery, cropping imagery or collage; to translate an idea or conceptual vision.
“It was a wonderful experience that rekindled my interest in art.” 2016 Summer School participant
How to apply
Want to know more about our this short courses. Join our mailing list and we will let you know when further information become available.
10.00am – 4.00pm
Monday - Friday
Prior experience with visual art making (e.g. painting, drawing, photography) beneficial but not essential
This course is suitable for 15 – 20 year olds
Students will need to supply their own materials
For further information, please contact:
T: + 61 3 8344 6951