Visual Art Summer School 2019 - Painting
Painting Summer School will explore painting techniques and materials and develop your knowledge of colour theory. You will learn to use paint as a means to convey a creative visual idea, painting from life and personal interpretation.
This will include:
- Preparing canvas and paper surfaces
- Planning the pictorial organisation of a composition through rough sketches prior to painting
- Mixing colour greys, to use tone to create the illusion of form in space
- Discussing oil and acrylic options. Students will make individual models and consider mood and narrative
- Preparation supports for subtractive painting techniques
- Preparing coloured ground, dry-brush and glazing techniques
- Working from a model, use of a specific light source, working from observation with a loose application of materials
- Glazing techniques
- Colour mixing and preparing a palette to work from soft/blending brush techniques and photographic imagery
- Transferring images/scale using grid and projection
- Working from a photographic source and consider combining resource material (eg: photograph and object), altering an existing media/photographic image, incorporating text, using stencil, layering imagery, cropping imagery or collage; to translate an idea or conceptual vision.
“It was a wonderful experience that rekindled my interest in art.”
- 2016 Summer School participant
How to apply
This course is suitable for 15-20 year olds
Places are limited.
Monday - Friday
10am - 4pm
7 January – 11 January 2019
T: + 61 3 8344 6951