Trina Parker Scholarship
The Trina Parker Scholarship is available to any postgraduate student studying Production (Design) at the Faculty of Fine Arts and Music, and its purpose is to assist with the payment of the fees of the awardee.
Approximately $5,700, and will be applied directly to the Fees Office to offset the student's tuition fees.
Open and closing dates
Applications are open at this link and will close 11.59PM on 17 March 2019 (STEP 2 MUST BE LODGED BY 10 MARCH). Applicants can expect to receive an emailed outcome in May.
Criteria and eligibility
The Trina Parker Scholarship is open for award annually to any postgraduate student studying Production (Design) at the Faculty of Fine Arts and Music, and its purpose is to assist with the payment of the fees of the awardee.
Applications will be assessed by the selection committee on the basis of:
- artistic merit, as demonstrated by entry requirements for the course (i.e. audition, folio presentation) and possibly class participation;
- academic merit, as demonstrated by previous academic achievement (VCE or equivalent; other tertiary results);
- career aspirations (addressed through questions in the application process);
- financial need (ascertained via the application, requesting income and expenditure information);
- evidence of Australian citizenship or permanent resident status (i.e. photocopy of passport); and
- likely success in completing the proposed course of study (addressed through questions in the application process).
The Dean, on the recommendation of the relevant Head of School, will approve the recipients.
To accept this scholarship, successful recipients are required to write a letter of thanks and provide an artistic biography for the donors or trustees. On occasion recipients will be contacted to provide a progress report.
How to apply
This application has 2 separate steps. To be considered for this scholarship both steps should be completed by the application closing date. Please allow enough time to complete both forms. You only complete Step 2 once per year but you must complete Step 1 once for each scholarship you are applying for.
Step 1 Scholarship Application
Refer to the Open and Closing Dates section above for the application link.The link will only be visible during the application period. The application will require personal information, including course and year level, and some questions addressing the selection criteria listed above. You will be required to attach some documents, such as your CV and academic transcript.
Step 2 Student Financial Assistance Application
To assist with the assessment your application you are required to submit an online Student Financial Assistance Application by 11:59pm Sunday 10 March 2019. If you already have submitted a Student Financial Assistance Application in the last six months you do not need to apply again but you can update and re-submit your details before the closing date.