Trina Parker Scholarship
The Trina Parker Scholarship is available to any postgraduate student studying Production (Design) at the Faculty of VCA and MCM, and its purpose is to assist with the payment of the fees of the awardee.
Approximately $5,700, and will be applied directly to the Fees Office to offset the student's tuition fees.
Open and closing dates
Applications are now closed and will next open in the third week of February 2018.
Criteria and eligibility
The Trina Parker Scholarship is open for award annually to any postgraduate student studying Production (Design) at the Faculty of VCA and MCM, and its purpose is to assist with the payment of the fees of the awardee.
Applications will be assessed by the selection committee on the basis of:
- artistic merit, as demonstrated by entry requirements for the course (i.e. audition, folio presentation) and possibly class participation;
- academic merit, as demonstrated by previous academic achievement (VCE or equivalent; other tertiary results);
- career aspirations (addressed through questions in the application process);
- financial need (ascertained via the application, requesting income and expenditure information);
- evidence of Australian citizenship or permanent resident status (i.e. photocopy of passport); and
- likely success in completing the proposed course of study (addressed through questions in the application process).
The Dean, on the recommendation of the relevant Head of School, will approve the recipients.
To accept this scholarship, successful recipients are required to write a letter of thanks and provide an artistic biography for the donors or trustees. On occasion recipients will be contacted to provide a progress report.
How to apply
Online applications are now closed. The link will only be visible during the application period.
The application will require personal information, including course and year level, and some questions addressing the selection criteria listed above. You will be required to attach some documents, such as CV and academic transcript and, where relevant, there will be the option to include any support material that gives weight to your application. Where financial need is a consideration, you'll also be asked to provide an estimate of your budget for the year ahead.