John Vickery Scholarship
The John Vickery Scholarships are available to 2nd or 3rd year undergraduate students enrolled in either Painting or Drawing who demonstrate financial need and havn't been the recipient of any other scholarship or award offered at the Faculty.
Approximately $20,000 in total - multiple scholarships will be offered.
Open and closing dates
Applications are now closed for 2017 and will next open in the third week of February 2018. Applicants can expect to receive an emailed outcome in April.
Criteria and eligibility
This scholarship is open for award annually to second or third year undergraduate students enrolled in either Painting or Drawing at the VCA who have strong academic records, demonstrate financial need and have not been the recipient of any other scholarship or award offered at the Faculty of VCA and MCM.
Applications will be assessed by the selection committee on the basis of:
- artistic merit, as demonstrated by entry requirements for the course (i.e. audition, folio presentation) or participation in VCA & MCM courses so far;
- academic merit, as demonstrated by previous academic achievement (VCE or equivalent; tertiary results)
- career aspirations (addressed through questions in the application process);
- financial need (ascertained via the application, requesting income and expenditure information), and
- likely success in completing the proposed course of study (addressed through questions in the application process).
The Dean, on the recommendation of the Head of the School of Art, will approve the recipients.
To accept this scholarship, successful recipients are required to write a letter of thanks and provide an artistic biography for the donors or trustees. On occasion recipients will be contacted to provide a progress report.
How to apply
The online application link will appear here when the scholarships is next open for applications.
The link will only be visible during the application period.
The application will require personal information, including course and year level, and some questions addressing the selection criteria listed above. You will be required to attach some documents, such as CV and academic transcript and, where relevant, there will be the option to include any support material that gives weight to your application. Where financial need is a consideration, you'll also be asked to provide an estimate of your budget for the year ahead.