These awards are awarded during semester 1 by a committee consisting of staff from the Wilin Centre and Scholarships Office. Only one application is required per applicant. Students must submit an application can be considered for these scholarships.
Timing of awards
Frequency of award
- Gerda Nicholson Award (this award is triennial and will next be offered in 2021)
- Wilin Access
- Wilin Scholarship
Open and closing dates
Only one application per applicant is required. The applications are now closed and will reopen in the third week of February, 2020. Applicants can expect to receive an emailed outcome by May.
Criteria and eligibility
These scholarships are open for award to indigenous students of any discipline and year level.
Applications will be assessed by the selection committee on the basis of:
- artistic merit, as demonstrated by entry requirements for the course (i.e. audition, folio presentation) and possibly class participation;
- academic merit, as demonstrated by previous academic achievement (VCE or equivalent; other tertiary results);
- career aspirations (addressed through questions in the application process); and
- likely success in completing the proposed course of study (addressed through questions in the application process).
The Dean, on the recommendation of the selection committee, will approve the recipients.
To accept this scholarship, successful recipients are required to write a letter of thanks and provide an artistic biography for the donors or trustees. On occasion recipients will be contacted to provide a progress report.
How to apply
Refer to the Open and Closing Dates section above for the applications link. The link will only be visible during the application period. Only one application is required per applicant.
The application will require personal information, including course and year level, and some questions addressing the selection criteria listed above. You will be required to attach some documents, such as CV and academic transcript and, where relevant, there will be the option to include any support material that gives weight to your application. Where financial need is a consideration, you'll also be asked to provide an estimate of your budget for the year ahead.