Cassidy Bequest Scholarship
The Cassidy Bequest Scholarships are open for award to undergraduate or graduate students studying Music, Theatre, Production or Music Theatre. Music Theatre will only consider 2nd year undergraduates. All other participating disciplines will select from any year level.
Approximately $20,000 in total - multiple awards of around $3,500 each will be made across disciplines.
Open and closing dates
Applications are now closed for 2017 and will next open in the third week of February 2018. Applicants can expect to receive an emailed outcome in April.
Criteria and eligibility
These scholarships are open for award to current undergraduate or current graduate students of any year level studying Music, Theatre, Production or Music Theatre (2nd year only for Music Theatre). One or two scholarships for each discipline will be awarded.
Applications will be assessed by the selection committee on the basis of:
- artistic merit, as demonstrated by entry requirements for the course (i.e. audition, folio presentation) and possibly class participation;
- academic merit, as demonstrated by previous academic achievement (VCE or equivalent; other tertiary results);
- career aspirations (addressed through questions in the application process);
- financial need (ascertained via the application, requesting income and expenditure information), and
- likely success in completing the proposed course of study (addressed through questions in the application process).
The Dean, on the recommendation of the relevant heads of schools, will approve the recipients.
To accept this scholarship, successful recipients are required to write a letter of thanks and provide an artistic biography for the donors or trustees. On occasion recipients will be contacted to provide a progress report.
How to apply
The online application link will appear here when the scholarships is next open for applications.
The link will only be visible during the application period.
The application will require personal information, including course and year level, and some questions addressing the selection criteria listed above. You will be required to attach some documents, such as CV and academic transcript and, where relevant, there will be the option to include any support material that gives weight to your application. Where financial need is a consideration, you'll also be asked to provide an estimate of your budget for the year ahead.