100 point program
1 year full-time / part-time unavailable
2019 start year Intake (February) applications open: NOW
2019 start year Intake (February) applications close: 31 October 2018
Listed below are the specific entry requirements.
- Completion of an Honours degree in a relevant field with a minimum weighted average mark of 70% across the degree (or equivalent); or
- Documented professional experience of at least 5 years and demonstrated artistic ability; and
- A resume and portfolio of relevant work.
English Language Requirements
All applicants to the University of Melbourne must meet the outlined English language requirements for admission into their chosen course.
How do I apply?
There are three components to each application. Applicants must complete components 1-2 by the application closing date:
A direct application via the University's application portal
Upload a CV, folio, artistic statement and provide 3 referees via SlideRoom. For more information please see below.
After application closing date:
Short -listed applicants will be invited to attend an interview as the final component of their application. For more information, please see Interviews page.
Upload an artistic statement (up to 1,000 words) with the supplementary form that articulates the following:
- What you wish to gain from your training period and your artistic and career aspirations;
- Your major focus and interests as a theatre maker;
- What sort of questions you wish to explore about your own practice during this course.
All applicants must submit a portfolio of excerpts of their previous writing for performance work. The portfolio must include:
- Other kinds of writing if considered relevant to your application
- Provide a brief context for the exerpts
Please note that your portfolio must not exceed 20 pages.
In addition to your University application fee, international applicants will be charged a processing fee of:
- $5USD payable via SlideRoom
If you have completed studies outside of the University of Melbourne, your application must include an officially certified copy of your academic transcripts.
- If you have successfully finished a course, please provide evidence of completion.
- If you are currently studying outside the University of Melbourne, please provide an official record/transcript of your current results to date. When your final results are available, please upload a certified hardcopy to your application, or send to email@example.com with your University of Melbourne username ID number.