Get audition/interview updates on our bulletin page here
Only shortlisted applicants will be interviewed
Early intake (international applicants): Recorded interview only.
Main intake interviews held in Melbourne:
- Documentary: To be confirmed
- Narrative: To be confirmed
Can't attend the interview?
While we strongly recommend all shortlisted main intake applicants to attend the interview in person, applicants from overseas or interstate may alternatively submit a recorded interview, please indicate your availability in your SlideRoom application. Applicants will be emailed instructions on how to prepare the recorded interview after application closing date.
- Interviews will run for approximately 30 minutes.
- Shortlisted applicants should bring to the interview up to 7 minutes of their filmmaking work on DVD. Please ensure that your DVD is playable on a REGION 4 DVD player (not a data disc) prior to the interview.
- Due to time restrictions the panel will not read scripts or writing samples during or after the interview. However, you are welcome to bring other additional relevant creative work and visual material to present to the panel, time permitting.
Conditions of Enrolment
Successful applicants must meet the following conditions before commencing the course:
First Aid certification
Obtain a “Provide First Aid (HLTAID003)” certificate that will remain valid for the duration of your course.
Pay a one-off $1,000 bond prior to enrolment, refundable upon completion or withdrawal of the course. The bond encourages you to treat our equipment with care.
Terms and conditions
As part of your Selection Test or Supplementary Application Form submission (whichever is applicable) you will be required to read and accept the Terms and Conditions on which the offer of a place is made.