200 point program
2 years full-time / part-time unavailable
2019 Early intake (International applicants only)
Applications open: 19 March 2018
Applications close: 11.59PM, 30 April 2018 (Australian Eastern Standard Time UTC+10)
Outcomes for early intake will be issued by 30 June 2018. Applications received after 30 April will be assessed during the main intake.
2019 Main intake (All applicants)
Applications open: mid-2018
Applications close: to be confirmed
Listed below are the specific entry requirements.
- an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline (such as the performing arts, music, visual arts, film, dance and digital arts), or equivalent; or
- an undergraduate degree in a cognate discipline (such as social sciences, architecture, landscape, computer science, cultural studies, applied sciences or international development fields), or equivalent; or
- at least six years of documented professional practice in the creative arts industry.
It is possible to enter the Masters course at Year 2 with an appropriate level 4 qualification such as the Postgraduate Diploma in Performance Creation (Directing or Animateuring), VCA, or Honours in a cognate discipline.
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
English Language Requirements
All applicants to the University of Melbourne must meet the outlined English language requirements for admission into their chosen course.
How do I apply?
There are three components to each application. Applicants must complete components 1-2 by the application closing date:
A direct application via the University's application portal
Upload a CV, artistic statement, provide 3 referees and upload a scene selection for your interview on SlideRoom. For more information please see below.
After application closing date:
3. Interview and Scene Workshop
Short -listed applicants will be invited to attend an interview and a scene workshop as the final component of their application. For more information, please see Interviews page.
Upload an artistic statement (up to 1,000 words) with the supplementary form that articulates the following:
- What you wish to gain from your training period and your artistic and career aspirations;
- Your major focus and interests as a theatre maker;
- What sort of questions you wish to explore about your own practice during this course.
In addition to the University of Melbourne application fee, international applicants will be charged a processing fee of:
- $10USD payable via SlideRoom
If you have completed studies outside of the University of Melbourne, your application must include an officially certified copy of your academic transcripts.
- If you have successfully finished a course, please provide evidence of completion.
- If you are currently studying outside the University of Melbourne, please provide an official record/transcript of your current results to date. When your final results are available, please upload a certified hardcopy to your application, or send to email@example.com with your ID number.