200 point program
Applications open: 10 JULY 2017
Applications close: 31 OCTOBER 2017 (Australian Eastern Standard Time)
Applicants to the Master of Design for Performance must meet the following criteria:
- a 3 year undergraduate degree or equivalent, with a GPA of at least 65% in the last two years of study;
- at least 4 years of documented relevant work experience related to design and/or making of live performance, with evidence of artistic ability and practice comparable to that expected of undergraduate degree holders in relevant disciplines.
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
English Language Requirements
All applicants to the University of Melbourne must meet the outlined English language requirements for admission into their chosen course.
How do I apply?
There are two components to each application. Applicants must submit both by the application closing date:
- A direct application via University's application portal
- Submit a digital folio of work and Selection Project via SlideRoom. Applicants should allow at least one weeks' time to prepare the Selection Project. See below for more information.
If short-listed, applicants will also be required to attend an interview. For more information please visit Interviews page.
You should compile a folio showcasing your potential as a designer.
Folio pieces can include items showing your technical as well as creative abilities. Please clearly label each item and include the year of creation. If your item of work is the result of collaboration, please explain your specific role.
Folio pieces may include:
- Designs, photos, drawings, images, illustrations, artwork etc. in JPEG or PDF format
- Video (15 mins max) of excerpts from your work in Mpeg or avi format
This project requires you to create a series of 7 images using a piece of text as stimulus. Through your images you should try to show how you can generate creative and insightful visual ideas in response to, and inspired by, a text. The text and Project details are found here.
In addition to your University application fee, international applicants will be charged a processing fee of:
- $5USD payable via SlideRoom
If you have completed studies outside of the University of Melbourne, your application must include an officially certified copy of your academic transcripts.
- If you have successfully finished a course, please provide evidence of completion.
- If you are currently studying outside the University of Melbourne, please provide an official record/transcript of your current results to date. When your final results are available, please upload a certified hardcopy to your application, or send to email@example.com with your ID number.