150 point program
1.5 years full-time / part-time unavailable
2019 Early intake (International applicants only)
Applications open: 19 March 2018
Applications close: 11.59PM, 30 April 2018 (Australian Eastern Standard Time UTC+10)
Outcomes for early intake will be issued by 30 June 2018. Applications received after 30 April will be assessed during the main intake.
2019 Main intake (All applicants)
Applications open: mid-2018
Applications close: to be confirmed
Applicants for the Master of Dance must meet the following criteria:
- an undergraduate degree in dance; OR
- at least five years of documented professional experience in dance and/or related performing arts.
Please note that meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
English Language Requirements
All applicants to the University of Melbourne must meet the outlined English language requirements for admission into their chosen course.
How do I apply?
There are three components to each application. Applicants must submit 1 and 2 by the application closing date:
1. University Application
A direct application via University's application portal
2. SlideRoom Supplementary Application
Upload an artistic statement (up to 500 words), provide details of three referees and upload a recorded video audition via SlideRoom.
For information regarding how to prepare your recorded audition, please visit Auditions & Interviews page. For details on the Artistic Statement please see below.
Artistic statement (up to 500 words)
In the statement, please include:
- An outline of creative work in dance, performance and/or dance making (and/or other art form) you have undertaken in the past, or are currently undertaking.
- A proposal of the kind of creative work you wish to pursue.
- Reasons for wishing to undertake this course.
- A brief outline of the areas you believe to be your strengths, and your areas in need of improvement, as a creator in general. What are the specific skills you wish to develop?
After the application close date:
Short-listed applicants will be required to attend an interview/workshop, visit the Auditions & Interviews page for information.
In addition to the University of Melbourne application fee, international applicants will be charged a processing fee of:
- $10USD payable via SlideRoom
If you have completed studies outside of the University of Melbourne, your application must include an officially certified copy of your academic transcripts.
- If you have successfully finished a course, please provide evidence of completion.
- If you are currently studying outside the University of Melbourne, please provide an official record/transcript of your current results to date. When your final results are available, please upload a certified hardcopy to your application, or send to firstname.lastname@example.org with your ID number.