150 point program
1.5 years full-time / part-time unavailable
Applications open: 10 JULY 2017
Applications close: 31 OCTOBER 2017 (Australian Eastern Standard Time)
Applicants for the Master of Dance must meet the following criteria:
- an undergraduate degree in dance; OR
- at least five years of documented professional experience in dance and/or related performing arts.
Please note that meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
English Language Requirements
All applicants to the University of Melbourne must meet the outlined English language requirements for admission into their chosen course.
How do I apply?
There are four components to each application. Applicants must submit all by the application closing date:
- A direct application via University's application portal
- Upload an artistic statement (500 words) via the Supplementary Application Form. Please see below for more information.
- Request three referee reports via the Supplementary Application Form.
- Upload a recorded video audition via the Supplementary Application Form. For more information please visit Auditions & Interviews
Applicants who are short-listed from their application will also be asked to attend an interview/workshop in Melbourne, dates and more information will be published on the Auditions & Interviews page.
Artistic statement (500 words)
In the statement, please include:
- An outline of creative work in dance, performance and/or dance making (and/or other art form) you have undertaken in the past, or are currently undertaking.
- A proposal of the kind of creative work you wish to pursue in the future.
- Reasons for wishing to undertake this course – what you believe to be its focus and why it attracts you at this time.
- A brief outline of the areas you believe to be your strengths and weaknesses as a creator in general. What are the specific skills you wish to develop?
If you have completed studies outside of the University of Melbourne, your application must include an officially certified copy of your academic transcripts.
- If you have successfully finished a course, please provide evidence of completion.
- If you are currently studying outside the University of Melbourne, please provide an official record/transcript of your current results to date. When your final results are available, please upload a certified hardcopy to your application, or send to email@example.com with your ID number.