50 point program
Applications open: 7 AUGUST 2017
Applications close: 5PM, 28 SEPTEMBER 2017 (Australian Eastern Standard Time)
English Language Requirements
All applicants to the University of Melbourne must meet the outlined English language requirements for admission into their chosen course.
Listed below are the specific entry requirements.
- Successful completion of the VCE (or an equivalent qualification). There is no minimum ATAR score; and
- A study score of at least 25 in Units 3 & 4 English/English Literature or at least 30 in ESL.
This course is not available to international students.
Get updates about the course on our bulletin page here.
How do I apply?
There are three components to each application. Applicants must submit components 1-2 by the application closing date:
For applicants wishing to also be considered for BFA, an application to VTAC
For direct applicants, a direct application via the University's application portal*
*This course is not available to international students.
- VTAC applicants are only required to attend their BFA audition. Your suitability for either course will be considered within the one audition.
- Direct applications are for those who do not wish to be considered for the BFA (Music Theatre). There is a slightly different audition requirement; applicants must prepare two music theatre songs and one monologue for the audition. Lines and songs must be learned, not read. Applicants are required to attend a group dance audition at the end of the day of their audition. Auditions will be held in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth.
2. Supplementary Application Form
Submit a Faculty of VCA and MCM Supplementary form
After application closing date:
All applicants are required to attend an audition as the final component of the application process, short-listed applicants will be invited to attend a call back. Please see Auditions page for more information.