100 point program
1 year full-time / part-time unavailable
Applications open: 10 JULY 2017
Applications close: 30 SEPTEMBER 2017 (Australian Eastern Standard Time)
All applicants for the Bachelor of Fine Arts (Degree with Honours) in all disciplines must meet the following critera:
- Completed a major study in a Fine Arts discipline and attained a three year Bachelor of Fine Arts degree or equivalent qualification at H2B standard or equivalent; and
- Performance in one or more of an audition, test, interview, workshop, portfolio or folio presentation, as prescribed by the Academic Board for the stream to which entry is sought.
English Language Requirements
All applicants to the University of Melbourne must meet the outlined English language requirements for admission into their chosen course.
How do I apply?
In addition to your online application, you are required to:
- Submit a Supplementary Application Form. Please note that your application will be marked as incomplete if a Supplementary Application Form is not received, allow yourself adequate time to complete all required fields.
- Upload a proposal of 1000 words outlining your intended studio project and research paper to the Supplementary Application Form.
- Prepare a folio on USB drive (details below)
- Bring your USB to an interview
Folio presentation guidelines
- Create both a PowerPoint and PDF version of your folio on one USB drive.
- Your folio should consist of recent work relevant to the research proposal. Please only submit a maximum of 10 images or 8 minutes of video, on the USB drive only.
- All folio items must be numbered to correspond to a separate document listing the title, date, medium and dimensions of each work.
- Images should be a maximum file size of 5MB at 300dpi.
- A show reel video must be submitted as a single QuickTime movie file, not exceeding 1GB. The video must be playable on QuickTime and VLC Media Player on Mac computers.
- Please check your USB drive before the interview to ensure it plays as you intend.
- Bring your USB drive with you to your interview. We suggest you prepare and bring a second USB as a back up.