Interviews will be held at Faculty of Fine Arts and Music in Melbourne on 25 & 26 November 2019. Interviews will run for approximately 30 minutes and will be conducted by two panel members.
Selection will be based on your interview, folio (optional), previous academic results and the suitability of your research project in terms of resource availability. At the time of application, you are required to provide the major project and research paper topics and outlines of the project’s goals.
You will be notified by email of the date and time of your interview.
In addition to your online application, you are required to:
- Submit a Supplementary Application Form. Please note that your application will be marked as incomplete if a Supplementary Application Form is not received, allow yourself adequate time to complete all required fields.
- Upload a proposal of 1000 words outlining your intended studio project and research paper to the Supplementary Application Form.
- If relevant, you may submit a folio (details below).
- Your folio should consist of recent work relevant to the research proposal. Please only submit a maximum of 10 images or 8 minutes of audio/video in PDF, PowerPoint, or MP3/M4A format as supporting material with an accompanying List of Works in your application materials.
- Images should be a maximum file size of 5MB at 300dpi.
- Alternatively, you may include a link to a portfolio website or online platform (e.g. Dropbox, Google Drive, Vimeo, YouTube) where materials can be viewed. Please bear in mind that the selection committee review many applications, and will be interested in your best work that is most relevant to your proposed research.
Can't attend the interview?
We strongly recommend all applicants attend an interview in person. Applicants who are overseas, interstate or in regional Victoria and are unable to attend an interview in person may request a telephone interview by indicating your availability on the Supplementary Application Form. Telephone interviews will be conducted throughout the interview period.