Get audition/interview updates on our bulletin page here.
Live auditions and interviews will be held in the following cities:
- Canberra: Monday 2 October 2017
- Melbourne: Sunday 17 September and Sunday 15 October 2017
- Sydney: Monday 9 - Tuesday 10 October 2017
Recorded Audition due date (if applicable): Tuesday 31 October 2017
All applicants must audition, we highly recommend you have prior training in contemporary dancing and/or ballet.
Applicants will be taken through a ballet class and a contemporary dance class, including improvisation. You will be assessed against the following criteria by the selection panel:
- Physical suitability
- Movement facility and potential
- Skills in contemporary dance technique
- Skills in ballet technique
- Potential artistry/creativity
Shortlisted applicants from their audition will also be invited to attend an interview on the same day.
In the interview, applicants will be assessed on:
- Interest and motivation for undertaking the course
- Expectations and whether they match our program
Can't attend the audition?
Applicants are strongly encouraged to attend a live audition in one of the capital cities. However, applicants who may be overseas or interstate may alternatively submit a RECORDED audition.
All recorded auditions must fulfill all sections and the outlined tasks in BFA-DANCE Video Audition Instructions
Music to complete Section Six of your recorded audition can be downloaded here:
- BFA Dance Audition Improvisation Task 1 (wma file, 3MB)
- BFA Dance Audition Improvisation Task 2 (wma file, 3MB)
Submit your recorded audition by sending a Dropbox link to:
Dance audition preparation workshop
2–3 September 2017
Applicants are welcome to attend our practical two-day workshop to help you prepare for a tertiary dance audition. Our workshop will also provide applicants with an insight into VCA's approach to dance education and training.